Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Greece



We were in Greece last week. It was incredible. The flying sucked, I hate flying and the jet lag was awful once we were back home but it was all worth it... We got to see our person that we haven't seen in months and that was the best part.

The picture has the Acropolis in the background, (450-330 B.C.).

The Acropolis is stunning, by far the best thing that we saw in Greece. There are three important temples there; The Parthenon, the Erechtheion and the Temple Nike which is a temple that is dedicated to Athena Parthenos, Athena Polias, and Athena-Apteros Nike.

There is also the sanctuary of Athena (marble korai, bronze and clay statuettes and vases) dedicated to the city's patron goddess. The entire floor and steps were marble, all different colors. It was incredible.

4 comments:

Jenn of the Jungle said...

Thanks for the Baldwin/Hannity trans. Cracks me up every time I hear it.

Kelly said...

It is pretty funny... he's really a prick, but all of his kind are. And yes the Asshole - Dicks speech is hilarious! Damn BF took his copy to Iraq though!

Louie said...

I hope to see more pics of your trip. J is a cutie. Glad you got back safely. And yes, JN has been back. Teaparty was in just a foul mood ALL day yesterday and has waged a new war. Don't know if you've been following. And he yells at me for egging the mook on...hm, men!

Kelly said...

yes, I saw the comments and I really had to cringe. In that assholes case the best way to get to him is to ignore him, show him how non-important he is. He wants to get a rise out of P.

I'll email you some pics tomorrow. I just point and shoot though, A. is the picture taker. He hasn't been able to send me his pic. yet, way too crazy busy.