Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Isn't this America?


I can't believe I am agreeing with the ACLU but.... It's happened. I am.

In San Diego CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA one school has actually banned! kids from wearing patriotic clothing to school and more importantly, the AMERICAN FLAG.

The school says that it is temporary. They say it is because kids have been using both the American and the Mexican symbols to taunt other kids. Doesn't the school have trained educators that know how to deal with kids that are causing trouble?

I don't begin to claim that I am an expert on Immigration reform but isn't the bottom line that people want to be in America? So if that's true than shouldn't they all be carrying American flags rather than tearing them down?

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/8439483/detail.html

My kid goes to private school so we worry very little about what she wears to school. I'll guarantee one thing though..... Her last day at that school would be the day they banned the AMERICAN FLAG.

2 comments:

Jenn of the Jungle said...

As a San Diegan, I feel like being sick at this. It's just gotten disgusting, how we pander to those who do not deserve to pandered to. The criminal lawbreakers, foreign nationals.

Louie said...

Nothing like teaching our kids to hate America and take for granted all the freedoms that we have here! This is simply a society of free loaders who appreciate nothing!