Wednesday, July 19, 2006

D-Day + 2

In this case D-Day is dump day....

It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be although there are moments. Now it's more of a fuck him rather than poor me. Of course since he has been gone for 6 months already - that softens the blow. He is moving on to bigger and better jobs, and therefore bigger and better money. It's fun to pretend that one is being a superhero saving the world but in reality it's all about the money and being the big man on campus.

While going through various items he had given me over some things it was interesting to see the personality change.

Notes in the last Valentine cards for one thing....

I hope the next four months goes by fast

became:

no one is offering as much money to stay.

I love you

became:

I don't hate you.

It's crazy to look at those statements and wonder how they could come from the same person in such a short time period, six months.

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.





2 comments:

Violence Worker said...

Sorry to hear about this. I know a bit how ya feel. My ex dumped me 17 years ago for what she thought was better than a GI's wife. She is now the primary income maker, he has a minimum wage gig in a Milgard factory and I work for Boeing.

Karma, it's what runs ya over sometimes.

I am now married to the sweetest, most loving woman ever.

I almost feel sorry for that bastard.

VW

Kelly said...

Key word there.... almost.

Thanks VW.