Monday, August 07, 2006

Grief..... 3 weeks down

I have had to deal with a cold hearted cut and run from someone that I would have thought to be the last person on earth capable of it and have learned that an end to a relationship causes grief. 99.9% of the time I am perfectly fine and don't even think about it but the weirdest stuff will set me off nowadays.... the worst right now seems to be if anyone gives me any sympathy over what happened.

The five stages of grief are as follows:

Denial
I have never felt any denial. It would be delusional.

Anger
In spades. Especially when he has the utter audacity to email me and complain about what I have posted here at my own personal site.

Bargaining
Not sure what this is.... since there is no going back to the relationship this stage won't happen.

Depression
Probably.

Acceptance
Yes. And am looking forward to the future.

At this point it's not the specific guy that is causing my grief since he has proven himself to be an money grubbing asshole that can go fuck himself (hmmm... must be at the Anger stage) but more grief at the loss of such great expectations and hope for the future.

2 comments:

Jenn of the Jungle said...

I personally loved the anger stage, much better than the depression or denial stage. It's WAY more fun.

Kelly said...

True. At least in the anger stage certain things like the elliptical are easier.