Wednesday, September 27, 2006

You gotta have Faith



I don't have a lot of jewelry but what I do have is meaningful to me. I receive an email from St Jude's every few months or so and I ordered and received a bracelet. The necklaces, rings and bracelets are empty so you get to pick your own message. I picked Faith. While I am not religious by any means I do have Faith:

Faith in my family.

Faith in my President.

Faith in the Military.

Faith in my Government and my Country.

Last but not least I have Faith in myself.

I never really knew what St. Jude's did. After getting this last email I read up on them and what they do for people, it's pretty remarkable. Read this sentence that I took off of their website:

All patients accepted for treatment at St. Jude are treated without regard to the family's ability to pay.

Without jinxing myself-I have been pretty lucky with my kid. I can't imagine what a relief it must be for families that they won't go into bankruptcy, lose their house, lose everything in order to save their child's life.

Please order some very meaningful jewelry or something else from St. Jude's.

http://shop.stjude.org:/GiftCatalog/index.do

More:

St. Jude is unlike any other pediatric treatment and research facility anywhere. Discoveries made here have completely changed how the world treats children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. We are where some of today's most gifted researchers are able to do more science, more quickly. Where doctors across the world send their toughest cases and most vulnerable patients. Where no one pays for treatment beyond what is covered by insurance, and those without insurance are never asked to pay. We've built America's 3rd-largest health-care charity, with a model that keeps the costs down and the funds flowing, so the science never stops.

2 comments:

sis said...

I will order one. Those are totally cute!!!

Christy said...

I like St. Jude's although I do have one big issue with them, if a child's been treated at another hospital they will not take them, even if it's the last option. I never knew that until Jordyn was dx with leukemia and I met more and more parents who's child was fighting cancer as well.
They still are a great hospital, it's just one of those things I do wish they'd tell people so that parents could make a more sound decision instead of thinking "well if we're not happy at this hospital or what ever reason we can go to St. Jude's" it doesn't work like that. :(

They have done a great amount of good and they are one of the places we donate money to.