Monday, November 06, 2006

Shampoo...Jenna Jameson style...

I love getting samples in the mail - I get quite a lot of them. Since I started volunteering at the USO I have been giving them all of my samples.

Last week I got a sample of SUNSILK, shampoo - conditioner and some straightening creme.

I don't know what demographic they are going for but their ad campaign is just plain creepy/perverted/weird.

On the front of their brochure there is a picture of handcuffs and it says:

YOUR HAIR WON'T BE KINKIER THAN AN S&M CONVENTION ANYMORE.

On the inside of the same brochure it has a few more choice sayings:

1. KINKY IS GREAT... IT YOU'RE INTO S&M.
2. YOUR HAIR'S LIMPER THAN MY BOYFRIEND AFTER A FEW DRINKS.
3. NOT EVEN A DOMINATRIX COULD TAME YOUR FRIZZ (this one includes a drawing of some boots and a whip).

Now I'm not a prude but damn... this crap is on shampoo - I know that sex sells but is this necessary??? What the hell does shampoo have to do with a guy not getting it up, or S&M???

4 comments:

Jenn of the Jungle said...

That's pretty funny actually, but wow, for shampoo???? Amazing.

Mike said...

Hmmm, kinky? S&M?? Sign me up, Kel...

Kelly said...

There's a right time for everything - but this on my shampoo??? And of course the kid had a million questions....Pass.

Violence Worker said...

Somehow or another, that would be the last time any of that stuff would get into my home. I don't want to have to explain crap like that to my granddaughters!

VW