Wednesday, January 03, 2007

UN-happily ever after...


I'm not surprised by this poll. I regret every guy that I've dated - for different reasons. I guess it could be called sour grapes since I come to these realizations after the relationship has crashed and burned. I hate feeling regret, it's one of the worst feelings next to envy.
I regret marrying my ex. I was the only person of the two of us that was married - but if I had not married him I wouldn't have my kid. I also regret the last guy I wasted two years of my life on - the biggest regret there was getting my kid involved - she really cared about him and he tore her heart out and didn't give one shit about her. Also for not seeing him for the utter bore that he really was.
Most of the married people I know are unhappy and constantly complain about their spouse (man or woman) so this report doesn't surprise me...

Survey: Real-Life 'Desperate Housewives' Have Regrets About Husbands
So much for happily ever after. A new survey has found a shockingly large number of blissful brides turn into desperate wives.
If given a chance to do things over, more than half of 3,000 married women polled by Woman's Day
magazine and AOL were not sure they would marry their husband again — with more than a third saying they would definitely not pick the same spouse.
In the online survey, which was not scientific, more than three-quarters of women also said they fantasize about a man other than their husband — and 39 percent admitted to constantly flirting
.

3 comments:

sis said...

God he was an UTTER BORE. you nailed that on the nose. BORING!!!

USpace said...

Interesting trend, time will tell...

absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
outlaw marriage...
.

Christy said...

Honestly I don't believe that survery. I would marry my husband again and I have a lot of friends who'd marry their husbands again. I also try not to bash my husband. There's complaining about silly things, but to go and desperately and constantly complain, most likely the complainer needs to be looking in a mirror. We can't change other people,but we can change ourselves and our attitudes, including towards our spouse even when they do things we don't particularly like. Marriage is hard work and the problem with that is we live in a self gratifying world now and when the going gets touch, they get out.