Tuesday, February 06, 2007

HeroToHero.US


Anyone that knows me and/or reads this journal knows that 1. I support our troops, I get up at 4 AM on Saturdays for crying out loud and drive 40 miles for my USO shift and 2. I'm not above requesting help in supporting our troops.

For a few years I have received emails from an organization called HeroToHero.US One of the things they do is request shirts from First Responders; Police and Fire. These shirts are sent to our desert deployed troops ... 11,000 so far ... with 7,000 Troops asking for the shirts this time!
From the site:
First off, we need ALL of our First Responders to step up. We don’t care if you are a volunteer or a Union member; your rank; if you’re from America, Canada, etc. This program is not specific to any one group. If you are a First Responder, or fall in to any variation of the following classifications/categories, we NEED YOU ALL!
FIREFIGHTERS, EMS, SEARCH & RESCUE, POLICE, SHERIFFS, LAW ENFORCEMENT, SWAT & DEA, FBI, CIA, HOMELAND SECURITY, ALL EMERGENCY PERSONNEL, ER PERSONNEL, LIFE FLIGHT TEAMS & TRAUMA TEAMS, CIVIL SUPPORT TEAMS, HAZMAT TEAMS, STATE PATROL, BORDER PATROL, CUSTOMS, DARE, and whatever group I’ve left out. You know who you are!
While this is primarily a shirt drive, we ask for items with Department/Agency logos. Acceptable items include the following:

T-Shirts
Uniform Shirts
Sweatshirts
Tank Tops
Shorts
Sweats
Coats & Jackets
Hats (New only)
Boxers (again, NEW ONLY)

I have not been able to help them in the past but this year I have signed up to help with their PackOut on 2/24.
If you are a First Responder or have any ties to one get them to donate some shirts! There is a deadline of 2/14 so hurry up. The address to send your donations to is:
HeroToHero.US
Attn: Liz Jackson
PO Box 98954
Lakewood, WA 98496
253.279.9817
**Note: If you are using DHL/FedEx/UPS, etc., you will need a street address. E-mail us for an alternative shipping address

2 comments:

Jenn of the Jungle said...

Crap, way to late for me to help out by the 14th. You need to send me an e-mail in advance, and I'd be hitting it, up getting the shizznet.

Let me know if they do it again.

Kelly said...

They do it every year... I'll hit you up next year.