Friday, April 13, 2007

Building the perfect PB&J...

Coincidentally (notice I did not use ironically, as that would have been the wrong use of it and one of my pet peeves)...
I have a peanut butter and jelly sanny today. It's what I have for lunch and sometimes dinner when I'm dead broke, which is often. My favorite is Jif - EXTRA Crunchy. I also have to have Raspberry jam. The bread doesn't matter to me much - sadly I don't buy white bread anymore. Those were the good ole days when I was a kid.

This team really went all out - trying to constructing the perfect sanny though I doubt theirs would taste any better than mine - and mine took about 2 minutes to make. I don't agree with his first statement either: The peanut butter and jelly sandwich easily deserves a place in the Perfect Food Pantheon, alongside pizza, barbecue, and cheeseburgers.

No way is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich up there with pizza from Romios or a cheeseburger from Burgermaster.

2 comments:

Violence Worker said...

I dunno. A good PB&J sometimes just hits the spot when nothing else will. I'm a little bit weird tho (But you knew that), I like Orange Marmelade with my PB the best. Oh, and the PB must be extra crunchy.

VW

Kelly said...

I agree... sometimes it does hit the spot but it's not something I crave like pizza or a big juicy hamburger.