Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I AM NOT A SOCCER MOM...


It just seems that way. I will never drive a mini-van or have a bumper sticker on my car that says "Soccer is a kick in the grass" or "Soccer Mom Taxi"....
However, my (new) second job is my daughter's Select Soccer team. The difference is that I am the one that's paying (about 2-3K when it's all paid up) rather than me getting paid. Her team has a tournament just about every weekend, both locally and not so local (like Oregon in August). We live in Everett and this weekend I drove to Tukwila four times (70 miles RT). Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I tend to spend most weekends in my PJ's so this is quite a change for me. This is finally a real team with a real coach. She had to try out and was picked for this team. She is FAST and has a lot of natural talent, where she is lacking though is in her foot skills. She'll get better, fast. The coach wants her to play upfront as a forward but she has to earn the spot and be ready and she's not yet ready. Love her coach - the guy is a Saint.
So long to my beloved saved vacation days - they'll all be used for the Thursday and Friday (starting days as they all go either Thursday - Sunday or Friday - Sunday) tournaments.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

As much as you might try to deny it, if your daughter plays soccer (esp. the travel variety), you *are* a soccer mom. Embrace it :)

Kelly said...

I just can't do it...

Mike said...

You'd be the hottest soccer Mom ever!!

Jenn of the Jungle said...

Just don't drive like most of the soccer moms I see and all will be alright.