Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day


MUCH THANKS TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN IN THE ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, COAST GUARD AND MARINES. US CIVILIANS CAN NEVER REPAY YOU.

Up until about a month ago I volunteered with the USO. I moved to about 80 miles RT away and I had to drop out for a few different reasons, I was too far away and did not feel safe driving that far at 3AM. I tend to want to avoid drunk wrong way drivers. Also, my daughter is now on a Select Soccer team and it has almost become a 2nd job. I'm a single parents and it's tough scheduling time off from work for tournaments, not to mention paying for it. After thinking about it and quite frankly agonizing over it - I had to quit. I miss it as I loved seeing the Men and Women that were protecting the Country. The USO has a page for Memorial Day that gives some of their Memorial Day activities: http://uso.org/whatwedo/newsevents/usomemorialdayactivities/
As part of your Memorial Day activities, please join in a national Moment of Remembrance, by pausing for one minute at 3:00 p.m. local time on Monday, May 28, to remember and honor those proud Americans who died for our freedom. For more information, visit http://www.remember.gov/.
Dispute what the democrats want us to believe we NEED our Military and we owe them everything. Send a screw you to the dems and remember the Soldiers that died for us rather than what Ken-doll Edwards arrogantly suggested by protesting on such a sacred day.

No comments: