Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Roads are for cars...

There's this crazy invention called a crosswalk. On a BUSY road such as Northgate Way a crosswalk works this way: Cars get a red light, You get a walk sign. Cars stop, you walk through... see how easy that is? I NEVER stop for people trying to cross the street w/o a crosswalk. If you are playing frogger and I am coming you had better RUN. I always speed and I may not be able to stop in time to avoid hitting you. Roads are for cars, crosswalks are for people.
This rant was brought to you because a 7 year old kid just got hit on Northgate Way in North Seattle. The car was traveling 30 MPH and where the kid got hit I can GUARANTEE there was no crosswalk. I see people all the time crossing on Northgate Way - on one side of the road are trashy apts - the other side is Northgate Mall. I got stuck in the traffic of this accident. Two items come to mind:
1. Why was this 7 yr old NOT in school???
2. Why was a 7 yr old crossing the street either alone or with an adult where they were crossing?
The kid left the scene unconscious and left blood on the street. What a waste.

5 comments:

Hellpig said...

Busy litte blogger today

This story is awful and a tragic waste as you said...

2 weeks ago I was going to the local store Bernie and Boys in Tophat a hill above Rat City......

I turn onto the 100 yard long entrance way when I spotted 3 toddlers maybe 4,3,2 all holding hands walking down the entrance way all alone,about every 4 steps the smallest would fall face first and the oldest would pick her/him up over and over again.

Breaking with my norms of minding my own business when it comes to children.....I parked and called to the TODDLERS and stopped all traffic going up and down the entrance way....got them about 20 feet to store entrance then ran inside and got a checker a woman I went to school with to go and get the kids inside.....well after being totally disgusted and enraged I left after the store called 911......

went back next day turns out mother showed up 20 minutes later she was in the "shower" and kids got away from her.........

Kelly said...

ugh. Shower my ass... more like taking a nap after shooting up.

I once yelled at a woman at a store, shopping for clothes. Her kids were so tired they could barely keep their eyes open. She was talking so mean to them I just couldn't take it - I told her to shut-up and to take her poor kids home and put them to bed.

Hellpig said...

yeah from what I hear the bitch wasn't even phased that her kids were missing


I commend you for speaking out, in a store the only time I lose it is when people are in the express lane with too many items

I always say the same thing "you must be a product of the Seattle school system" they say "why is that" I say "because you can't read or count"

My driving pet peeve is lane mergers who wait or speed up to the very end to merge...I will under no circumstances let these people in

on the freeway if I'm doing 70-75 and someone behind me changes lanes to try and pass me I speed up and lock them in with another car just out of spite,if i'm not going any faster is because of traffic in front of me, and they can just wait the same as me....

Kelly said...

The best thing is boxing some asshole in that is trying to get around you when there is no where to go. I love doing that. No, I never let last min lane changers in either. Crap it's pouring outside - just in time for my commute home.

Jenn of the Jungle said...

1) I love to box those assholes in, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

2)"I always say the same thing "you must be a product of the Seattle school system" they say "why is that" I say "because you can't read or count"-HP.... I've said the same so many times only I just say the last part.

3) I have no problems bitch slapping parents who are like the ones mentioned here, and I do it with glee. Someone obviously needs to help those kids.