Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Being aware...

Suspect caught and to be charged with kidnapping and murder.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,278777,00.html
Crushing Update: Police believe they have found the body of Kelsey Smith. I'm so sorry.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,278676,00.html

Smith is about 5-foot-6-inches tall, weighs about 120 pounds and has long brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a pink tank top, black cotton shorts and tennis shoes.Anyone with any information that may help the investigation is encouraged to call the TIPS hotline at 816-474-8477 or the Overland Park Police at 913-327-5638.

Besides picking crapping guys to date - I have excellent intuition. I learned a long time ago to listen to it. You know that weird, creepy feeling you get... in horror movies it's when the girl is walking down to the basement saying, hello... is there anyone there??? She knows something is hinky but ignores it and goes down anyway and you know what happens.

Years ago I read a book called The Gift of Fear, by Gavin DeBecker. This book is a MUST reading for every girl, woman, female. Not kidding. It is that good. It's a few years old now and I'm sure you can find it at a used book store, ebay etc... for cheap. It talks about the importance of using your intuition (fear) and not blowing it off and saying to yourself.... oh I'm being silly.

I linked the most recent story of a very young girl - 18 year old Kelsey Smith that was apparently abducted from a Target in Kansas. Surveillance shows her possibly being followed inside the store, then shoved into her car by a stranger. She has been missing now for 4 days and I sincerely hope that they find this young girl. Whether or not Miss Smith felt she was being watched an/or followed inside the store or when she walked outside is not known. Being 18 and having a party to go to later she may have been to mentally distracted to pay attention to what was around her.
We, as females cannot afford to not pay attention while out. Day or night, alone or with friends. I have drilled into my daughter's brain as much as I can: PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS GOING ON AROUND YOU. NOTICE WHO IS AROUND YOU AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING. PREDATORS ARE JUST THAT - THEY PREY FOR VICTIMS. MAKE IT HARD FOR THEM.

1 comment:

daniel said...

She is pretty. Too bad there are motherfuckers like this in our world. Makes me sick, I would string their balls up on a line.
I think there should be mandatory castration for rapists, murderers and the like.
FTGF!