Friday, September 28, 2007

Black? Young? Male? Pick one: dead or in prison

According to the Breck Girl (nickname borrowed from http://www.violenceworker.com/) John Edwards And the idea that we can keep incarcerating and keep incarcerating — pretty soon we’re not going to have a young African-American male population in America. They’re all going to be in prison or dead. One of the two.”

Think about what he said, young black males will either be in prison or dead. Screw getting an education, a job or a family.... if you're black and a young male you will either be dead or in prison.... unless of course I feel pretty Edwards is elected Pres.

Ugh. He is not bright, just plain stupid. Besides stating that the war on terror is a bumper sticker slogan this is one of the dumbest things I've heard. And completely racist. I can only imagine what an uproar there would be if a Republican Pres. candidate had made the same statement.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I don't think uproar would even describe it if a Rep. would have said it. I'd like to believe none are that stupid, but well I'm sure there's a couple in that group that are indeed that stupid, thankfully Edwards just seems to keep beating them to the punch!

But of course you know he's all about "Saving the black man" I'm sure is Edward's defense in his ignorance.