Thursday, September 20, 2007

I live in Everett


Pemco is a local insurance company in Washington State - I had them years ago, didn't like them much as they kind of screwed me when I totaled my car. Fell asleep with the cruise control set on 85 and ended up flipping - blah blah blah....
Pemco's new ad campaign for Seattleites says, "We're a lot like you. A little different." And when they say different they mean weird, unattractive and strange. Like the "Socks and Sandals Guy." Socks with sandals is just wrong. It's the equivalent of a woman wearing mom jeans, a too small shirt that is tucked in and a scrunchy in her hair. Unfortunately this is a look many Seattle guys have -they drive their hybrids with the Kerry/Edwards '04 stickers to Starbucks in their socks, sandals and flannel shirts... ah for a guy that drives a truck, wears Nike's, and has an American flag bumper sticker. The Starbucks part is do-able.

1 comment:

RexZeitgeist said...

When I think of downtown Seattle, I think of the smell of urine and liberal guilt.......

I live in Poulsbo, nice little semi-red area in the sea of blue.....

It must be cool to have the Aqua Sox right next door....Kitsap county has the Blue Bombers, a unaffliated minor league baseball team.....$2 tuesdays, oh yea....