Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Being Superman

Nothing feels better than giving/helping another. When I was a kid my mom made me help an old guy in the grocery store - he was on one or two crutches and was trying to push a cart around. Me, being a dumb kid did not want to go outside my comfort zone and help him. But, my mom made me and he was SO appreciative. Offered to buy me a soda. I felt really good about it afterwards. This story in the Seattle Times reminded me how easy it is to help someone and make their day. A (rich) Bellevue mom had bought 4 tix to the Hannah Montana concert last night in Seattle and instead of going with her daughter and friends they gave the tix away to Children's Hospital - the hospital had a drawing and two sick girls and their moms got to attend the concert for free. One girl has leukemia and the other has bone cancer.

2 comments:

sis said...

Oh how sad that makes me cry, but good lord what doesn't these days.

Kelly said...

It's such a sad thing to read about kids that are sick when you think about Jordan and how active she is.