Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I changed her life

Nothing too dramatic - I didn't give her a kidney or anything but the impact I made on her life is pretty cool. I "met" this person on a website and we became buddies. Would email bk and forth about stupid stuff, diets, guys, working out, the weather etc.... we have been emailing now for a couple of years. She's a lot like me, she's a single parent and doesn't make a ton of money, she is Conservative and is looking for a good man. I have had experience on match.com and eharmony.com. Love match, hate eharm. She had tried match but didn't like it so I hounded her daily that she should try eharm. Finally she did - after a few losers she met the perfect guy for her. They emailed, then met, then dated, then went exclusive and on Christmas day he proposed. Cool huh? That's not all... because I hounded her to join eharm she met the guy and is getting married, plus she moved to a new city (to live with him before they get married), she bought her first house and got a great new job that pays her way more money!
If only I could manage/improve my own life as well as hers! Congrats!!! I look forward to attending the wedding.

8 comments:

Rex Zeitgeist said...

Finding someone new is not easy....I have been single for about a year and half......I only had two dates and neither floated my boat.....

As an adult we get busy working and don't have the chance to meet as many people as we did when we were kids.....

I have thought about doing the 'It's just lunch' thing in Seattle...who knows? Maybe I can find a sports obsessed conservative who lives in Western Washignton....ahahahahhahaha

Nah, they don't exist

Kelly said...

A sports obsessed conservative who lives in Western Washington??? Sounds suspiciously like someone I know.
Yeah - dating sucks. I went out a while ago and the guy was mind-numbingly dull. Thank god for cocktails.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

Drinking trumps dullness every time!

Violence Worker said...

Well, it took me 9 years to find someone. She was definitely worth the wait! We'll have 10 year of wedded bliss this June.

When it comes, you'll know it.

VW

Rex Zeitgeist said...

Course, you could just stay drunk!

hic, urp..

Get me anohter drinky poo Patty jr., and find my damn car keys Unlce Teddy is on the prowl!

Kelly said...

Great pic. Ugh!

Rex Zeitgeist said...

hiccccc, I gladly endorse Osama bin Barrack, er, Hussein Osmama bin Bama, burp, er, Barrack von Obama Hussein.....er,

Patty, get another godamn drinkly poo....and find me that goodlooking young black mans cell phone number! er, uh.....Hussien Bin barama....er

Get Don Rother on the line..... er, uh

Kelly said...

hahaha....