Saturday, May 31, 2008

Re-visiting Sex



Sex in the City. Saw the movie last night. I am a big fan of the show and know it well. The movie stayed true to the series - why wouldn't it - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It stayed exactly the same actually - too much so for me. It didn't bump up to movie status. It was like watching a marathon of 4.5 episodes all strung together. It was great to see Charlotte, Miranda, Samantha and Carrie again, as well as Harry, Steve, Smith and of course, Big. Some advice to the male actors: Botox. All the men looked 10 yrs older than the women.

The storyline was simple - the continuation of the series + four years. Samantha lives in LA now and is Smith's agent. Charlotte is married to Harry, has a 4 yr old daughter, and is pregnant. Miranda and Steve split for a few months, he cheated. Carrie and Big are apartment hunting and decide to get married - funny scene with Charlotte at this announcement.

Problems happen, everyone has relationship issues, hurt feelings, crushed really. Things work out as they should. It's worth the $10 I paid - but I did go home feeling a little disappointed. A little let down. It could have received a PG-13 rating. Charlotte was my favorite in the movie - she has some great, great scenes. One was hilarious and a few others made me cry - one in particular was spectacular. I give it B-/high C or a 2.9 out of 5 stars.

3 comments:

Rex Zeitgeist said...

Never saw the series, but it sounds like a good movie....

Kelly said...

ah - not sure you would like it Rex. My theater was packed and there were only about 5 guys there. Three of them were prob gay, the other two whipped into submission.

Rex Zeitgeist said...

I'll let you in on a secret, a few years ago I was sick, I had just broke up with my ex, and I was snowed in.....I watched Mr. and the Women and enjoyed it......

Now THAT was a 'chick flick'...