Friday, August 28, 2009

Oh please

The kid needs good food.... for her brain and for her soccer activities. I am always on the lookout for good lunch and dinner ideas for her. On the link below I got this advice for her lunch. First, I don't even KNOW what some of that stuff is and I can guarantee that my kid wouldn't eat it. I don't know ANYONE that would pack that crap for a kid's school lunch!!!! Totally gay. Torn fresh basil leaves drizzled with olive oil? That crap is not food and my kid would be starving an hour after eating that stuff.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/32541567/ns/today-parenting_and_family/?ns=today-parenting_and_family&pg=5#Today_PVN_BTSLunches
Puree some eggplant for a delicious babaganoush to sneak veggies into your teen's diet. Healthy eater (14- to 18-year-olds)
• 2 ounces Babaganoush with two miniature pita breads
• 2 to 3 stuffed grape leaves
• Pizza salad (3 tomato slices, grated skim milk mozzarella cheese, torn fresh basil leaves, topped with drizzle of olive oil, sea salt, and cracked black pepper)
• Small bottle organic low-fat milk

No comments: