Saturday, February 01, 2014

Richard Ross 9/11/01

I have the honor of paying tribute to Richard Ross.  He was 58 years old on 9/11/01, he was a passenger on American Flight 11.  He was the founder and CEO of the Ross Group in Massachusetts.  He lived with his wife, Judi, he coached his son's baseball team and he started a foundation, Brain Tumor Society after his daughter was diagnosed with having a brain tumor.  The foundation provided support and information.  A great quote from his daughter about Judi, his wife and her mother; "she misses him three times every second".... nice to have had someone like that in your life.  I'm sorry.
Below are some of the messages and memories sent to Richard and his family, from Legacy.com:
             
Richard you are missed ... To a wonderful friend, father and model .
Mark Frey, Los Angeles, California
To Abigail, Alison, Franklin and Judy, it has been 10 years and in some ways it seems like yesterday, while in others a lifetime ago. I have kept Richard's obituary and picture in my desk for 10 years and on occasion take it out to see. I loved your father for how he lived his life and for what he shared with the rest of us who he touched during that time. I have now been a father three times in the last 5 years, and we have two lovely girls and one other who is not with us. But what I learned from Richard has guided me to be the best father I can be and I think he would be pleased by that more than anything else. He was a man of many talents but what survives his shortened life is that love and devotion, sincerity and selflessness that guided his principles and family values. I think of him and all of you very often. I believe he is watching over you and is smiling at who you are and what you have become. You are all in my prayers always.
Brian Bogosian, San Francisco, California
I think of Richard Ross often, especially around this time of year. I worked as his Executive Assistant at The Ross Group. He had such a contagious smile and was always so upbeat and positive. He was very loyal and he cherished his family more than anything. I also think of them and wonder how they are doing. They equally adored him. Peace and love to all on this 10th Anniversary. I know Richard is missed by so many.
Janine Dolan, Massachusetts
My belated condolences to the Ross Family. I have not seen Dickey in almost 40 years when I shared an apartment in Brighton, Mass with my roommates. He was our friend and came to some of our parties. I came from Hull and also remember seeing him at the Beach when we were teenagers. He was such a wonderful fun loving young man and so handsome. We all drifted apart and then sometime later we heard that he married. I think of the wonderful young man quite often since that tragic day this year. I never did see him in all those years. The thing that makes his passing even more strange for me is that my husband's X-wife lived in the same apartment building with Atta. When I read about the wonderful man he became and his accomplishments and you, his loving family I was very proud to think that I once touched the life of this wonderful human being that was taken much too soon. I will always remember Dickey. 
With deepest sympathy,
Sheila Stillman-DeRuzza   Margate, Florida
To the family of Richard Ross,
The first big shock came when I heard an explosion after a low flying airplane went over my building. The second big shock came three months later when I found out my old pal Dickie, was on that aircraft.
We hung out together, back in the late fifties. We double dated often. He was a handsome, charming young man who possessed social graces beyond his years. I am sorry I lost contact with him, but am very pleased to read how he shared his life with you. I hope the warmth of his personality will live forever through you.

Stanley (Simmy) Patz, New York , New York

No comments: