Monday, September 10, 2012

Jacqueline Norton 9/11/01

I have the honor of paying tribute to Jacqueline Norton. She was 61 years old on 9/11/01.  She was a passenger on American Airlines Flight 11.  She was flying to California with her husband,  Robert.  Robert's tribute can be found here...
http://ladybugxing.blogspot.com/2006/09/monday-memories_11.html

They lived in Lubec, Maine.  The couple was flying to Los Angeles to attend the wedding of Jackie Norton’s son.  Residents of Lubec established a memorial garden for the couple next to the Lubec Congregational Christian Church, which the Nortons attended.  Selectman JoAnne Case, who knew the Nortons from church, said they were exceptionally nice people.
Both were well loved and are missed...  here are some messages and memories that I have taken from Legacy.com.
I am looking at every name and face on the CNN memorial website. This beautiful couple stood out. I am sure you are together on the other side, watching over your loved ones. I pray for the family left behind.
Mary Lou Hubisz
Jackie will always be remembered as the best part of Lubec. The first time we met I was treated like a Long Lost Friend...never a stranger. Thank you for that and I miss you, Roger Erickson
Jackie will be greatly missed in our community. I considered her one of my best friends. I wish to express my sadness and sympathy to her family. She will not be forgotten. May God bless our country and lead us forward.  Norma Leighton

No comments: