Saturday, September 08, 2012

Paul Friedman 9/11/01

I have the honor of paying tribute to Paul Friedman.  He was 45 years old on 9/11/01.  Paul was married and had a young son.  He clearly was a really smart guy, having degrees in Psychology, Engineering and Business.  He was a Management Consultant for Emergence Consulting in Lincoln, Mass.  He was a passenger on American Flight 11 on 9/11, flying to L.A. for work.
"He was the happiest he had ever been in his life," his sister said. 

What a sad loss for his family and friends.  To be at a place in your life when you are happy, fulfilled and loved then to just be gone.  I'm very sorry that he was taken from you.  Here are some of the messages and memories left for Paul and the people that loved him... as I've written many times on this journal, my favorite but most heartbreaking messages are the ones left for the person, in this case for Paul.

I cannot believe it has already been ten years since you were taken from your loved ones. It seems like yesterday I watched the tragedy take place on TV..and had no idea my friend was on one of those planes.
I just finished a book titled "Memories" by a lady who lost her husband on 9/11. I hope you have left pennies or whatever around so your loved ones know you are watching over them and you are never too far away.
Rest in peace my friend.
linda koeb
After many years, I emailed Audrey last night after learning of the victory for humanity. When you were shockingly taken from us, an 8 month old baby was also left behind. Rocky is now a 10 year old boy. When his class said the 'Pledge of Allegiance' this morning, I'm sure it held an extra special meaning for him, with thoughts of his Dad. America, your family and friends have not forgotten you. 
Michael Fetcho
May 1, 2011 - Justice has prevailed. Rest in peace my friend! Your friend from Warner Music Group, Mandy
I met Paul when I worked in NY on Genesis with Amex. Paul quickly became one of my best friends there and was one of the kindest and brightest people I have ever met. Finally after 5 years I am able to sign this book. My heart goes out to his family..he was indeed a treasure..and I am thankful to have known him and to have been able to call him my friend.
linda griffin-koebI knew Paul at NYU through our common friend Joe Woolf. He was a wonderful man with an infectious laugh that I'll always remember from happy, happier, days.
Rob Kaplan 

No comments: