Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/01

We will not waver; we will not tire; we will not falter; and we will not fail." - George W. Bush 10/7/2001.  I am proud to be an American.  I have written these 9/11 tributes for Project 2,996,  as my way of paying respect to my fellow Americans.  All of them made me cry, many pissed me off - these people should still be here.  It was incredibly moving to read personal messages to loved ones.... I miss you...Happy Birthday...I bought a new house....I had a baby...I think of you everyday...please come back.
The most heartwretching message I saw was from a son to his FDNY father, it could have been on every single one of them: I would give anything to have you back.  
The ache for loved ones to return, I can't imagine... after 10 years the hurt is the same but we as Americans will continue to persevere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless you and thank you!

Michael said...

Kelly, you are one prolific tribute writer. Outstanding work!

Kell said...

Thanks Michael.

Michael said...

You're welcome.