Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Daniel Brandhorst 9/11/01


I have the honor of paying tribute to Daniel Brandhorst.  Daniel was 41 years old on 9/11/01.  He was a passenger on United Airlines Flight 175.  On board with Daniel was his partner, Ron Gamboa and their son, 3 year old David.  A family wiped out.  The only silver lining is that the three of them were together.  Still horrible.  Daniel worked for Price Waterhouse in California. Here is the tribute that was written for Daniel's son David: http://hammeringsparksfromtheanvil.blogspot.com/2006/09/in-honor-of-david-reed-gamboa.htmlHere are some messages that I have read on legacy.com..... Daniel was loved and is missed.... 10 years now and it still is raw for his loved ones.......
I Miss You!! Justice has been served but it doesn't make it any easier. Denise Kelly, Kirkville, New York
Miss you little brother! Dawn
David and Family,
Have thought of all of you so many times since last June. Just wanted you to know that we are taking good care of the house you all grew up in. Kristin Hall, liverpool, New York
Late again ... I'm sure you guys are looking down on me now saying "Typical John, he'll probably be late to his own funeral" ... but you were on my mind all day yesterday ... we went to the Bowl last night ... it was Mahler's 7th ... I'm such a sap ... during the National Anthem I thought of you guys and started crying ... we had a Mass said for you at St Victor's ... I never met the guy you wanted to introduce me to at that Pop's group, but I did meet a wonderful man ... Bryan ... and we are getting married on the 29th ... I will be thinking of you guys that day, and the inspiration you were and still are to me today ... God Bless you all, grant you eternal rest and may perpetual light shine upon you ...

No comments: