Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Carrie Blagburn 9/11/01

I have the honor of paying tribute to Carrie Blagburn.  Carrie was 48 years old on 9/11/01.  She lived in Temple Hills, Maryland and worked as civilian budget analyst with the U.S Army in the Pentagon.  She had been married for 23 years and had a son that is in the Army and a 16 year old daughter.
As always, the messages left to Carrie are heartbreaking.  She was a wife, a mother and a friend.  I'm so sorry.  Here are some of her messages left by family and friends on legacy.com:

HI MOMMY I MISS U ALOT. EVERYDAY GETS EASIER I KNOW THIS IS BAD BUT SOMETIMES ITS JUST EASIER NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT BUT HOW CAN I NOT THINK ABOUT THE PERSON WHO HAS INSTILLED EVERYTHING IN ME THAT MADE ME THE PERSON THAT I AM TODAY. I KNOW IF U COULD SEE ME U WOULD BE SO PROUD OF ME I MISS U SO MUCH AND NOW THAT DAD IS GONE IT MAKES IT THAT MUCH HARDER BUT AT LEAST U TOO ARE TOGETHER UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN. DEANNA BLAGBURN, CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Maryland
The Day that god let you know that you were no longer needed on this earth and to be in his presence wasn't the best of days for my mom because not only was it her birthday, she lost a dear friend. You and my Mom Jenshel Marshall were co-workers for a long time before the pentagon. but may god bless your family and let prayers of strength and encouragement continue to come to your family. TaKea Marshall, Capital heights, Maryland
I MISS U GRANDMA. I LOVE U FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. Levone Blagburn, Ft. Washington, Maryland
To the family of Carrie Blagburn,

I wish to express my deepest sympathy to your family, I have been and longtime working colleague of Carrie, her sister Althea, her mother Ms. Payne and also her sister-in-law Denise, when we were all employed at the Navy Annex in Arlington, VA. This is a hard a trying time, but trust in the lord and every thing will be just fine. Moanick Fenner, Suitland, Maryland
To the family and friends of Carrie, I pray for a healing of your hearts and that you will someday be able to accept and go on. Memories will then become precious and soothing instead of heartwrenching as they are now. I am certain she is with all the angels, singing with the heavenly hosts. God Bless You. Carrie will not be forgotten. Sheila Werland, Illinois
To the family of Carrie Blagburn. I pray strength for each and everyone of you. Today marks the anniversary of that tragic day. There's so much that have happened since that day in each and everyone of your lives. We don't know why our beloved Carrie was taken away from us but we do know that she is up in heaven with that beautiful smile of hers. I'm glad that I had a chance to know Carrie as a friend, pal, confidante, sister and also as my "twin"! Words can't express the sorrow but we all know that God has her in his bosom. God bless each and everyone of you and I pray that our paths will cross again someday! Love,  Georgia Atkins Williams, Washington, District of Columbia

No comments: