Friday, May 27, 2011

Bryan Jack 9/11/01





I have the honor of paying tribute to Bryan Jack. Bryan was 48 years old on 9/11. He was passenger on American Airlines Flight 77. Jack was a brilliant mathematician and top budget analyst who translated policy decisions by the defense secretary into hard numbers. He had recently married his long time girlfriend of 15 years. I found so many messages left for Bryan, he is very missed and was so loved. I'm sorry that he was killed on that awful day. Here are some of the memories that have been left for him....


Bryan, my dear cousin: U.S. forces killed bin Laden today in Pakistan. He is gone, and I am glad. But you are still gone, too. And nothing will ease that pain. Please know we love you and miss you. Leanne McGinty Perry


Bryan: In the 90s when I was working for OSD Comptroller and you were with PA&E, you encouraged me to finish up my PhD at Virginia Tech. I finally did so in 2004 and dedicated my dissertation to you. You were one of the smartest guys I ever knew, and I want to thank you publicly for your support. I'm sure you're in God's hands now, teaching math to the angels.
John Bourbeau, Huntsville, Alabama


Bryan, Your memory is a blessing. Peace forevermore, Susan


This tragedy still remains as a fresh wound in our hearts. As it will for the rest of our lives. My prayers still are with you and yours. Lou Ann Carter, Lincoln, Nebraska


As a member of the greater Jack family, I am always saddened by the loss of one of us. Bryan's loss is tragic to be sure, but I am heartened by the love he received in life and by the continuing love and remembrance he will have hereinafter. His memory will be in my heart each time I think of Texas or Japan (where I spent many years), the DoD (where I worked for years), or when I eat a piece of pecan pie (my favorite!).My love to his family and friends.
Daniel Jack, Hesperia, California


Your sacrifice lives within us now, and will every day to come. God will bless and watch over those who stayed behind.
James, Kelly, Marissa, & Jessica Jack, Garland, Texas
Brian Jack was the portrait of a true gentleman. I wish there were more men like him. What a gentle soul he was. He will be greatly missed here at the Pentagon. May God bless his wife and family.Cindy Alexander Woodbridge, Virginia
Brian - Enjoyed talking to you on the subway a few weeks ago before you passed away. I always enjoyed your company as we worked together in OSD PA&E from 1981-1985 with John Morgan and Milt Margolis. Sorry I did not get a chance to meet your bride or take up your invitation to visit you in the Pentagon. May god rest your soul and my sincerest condolences to your family. Regards, Frank Hall Alexandria, Virginia

1 comment:

Krystyn MacGregor said...

Bryan, you were a true friend to me, and I count myself well blessed to have known you. Your kindness and gentleness will never be forgotten. I often see your dazzling smile, and hear your words of encouragement. My sympathies to your family today, and every day. Love, Krystyn MacGregor, Cincinnati, Ohio