Friday, May 27, 2011

Norma Khan 9/11/01



I have the honor of paying tribute to Norma Khan. She was 45 years old on 9/11 and was a passenger on American Airlines Flight 77. Norma was a mother to a 13 year old boy on 9/11/01. She was the Manager of member services with Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors-National Association. The messages left for Norma on Legacy.com are touching and I hope that her loved ones take some comfort in them. Here are some of the messages and memories that have been left for her....

Bringing roses to your Reston memorial today. You are always in our hearts & will never be forgotten. I hope to see your son someday & tell him our funny real estate stories. Miss you & still feel the joy of your laughter. Sherry

Sleep in peace Normie. He's gone forever. Love,Carol

April 26, 2011 Normie --- Thinking of you on your birthday. Still love you. Still miss you.Carol

Happy Birthday in Heaven~Beautiful Princess....Always in my heart and mind, You are never forgotten!!Loving you eternally,ek

Norma, you are always remembered, loved & missed very very much.Your laughter & ever cheerfulness & great example lives on in our hearts. Norma, You were the Best Mom, teacher & friend & I pray for Imran & you today & always. Sherry DeReuter
Love and miss you "Girlfriend". And will never forget ..........Carol

Norma, you brightened each of our days at Association Management Group with your smile and your laughter. I could use that on this appropriately rainy day in Washington.
Rob Chenault, McLean, Virginia

NONNIE.... MY BELOVED SPECIAL NIECE... AS YOUR THIRD BIRTHDAY, IN HEAVEN IS ABOUT TO COME. I WISH YOU ONE MORE TIME "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". I MISS YOU SO, SO VERY MUCH AND LOVE YOU SO DEARLY. YOU ARE IN MY HEART, MIND AND SOUL DAILY. THEY SAY TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS, I AM STILL WAITING... I KNOW YOU ARE AT PEACE, FOR THAT WAS YOUR NATURE ON EARTH SINCE A LITTLE GIRL. COUNTLESS.....ARE ALL THE BEAUTIFUL MEMORIES YOU HAVE LEFT BEHIND FOR ME AND ALL THE WONDERFUL WAYS YOU WERE AND STILL ARE!!! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY LITTLE GIRL!!! I LOVE YOU ETERNALLY, TITI LIZZIE
LIZ KLEIN, HOUSTON, Texas

Norma,You and your family are always in our prayers. We will never forget your smile and most of all, your dedication to your Son ! You are truly an inspiration to all of us you left behind. We love you Girlfriend ! We know you are bringing smiles up there to all who are with you !Deb
Deb Zelensky, Reston, Virginia

Norma, you are sadly missed by so many people. Your smile, your generosity of thought and your unselfishness will always be remembered by so many people, who loved you.Thank you for all you did for so many people. Ellen Graves, Reston, Virginia

4 comments:

Rattrapper said...

It's great that you haven't forgotten! This is something no one should ever forget.

Anonymous said...

Norma,
I think of you often. I miss hearing your wonderful laugh!
I hope that Emron is doing well. The two of you had such a special bond! I enjoyed our walks and talks on the golf course in Reston.
Judy Neff

SharonVM said...

We think of you often - and today of all days - on this 10th anniversary of this awful day that took you away from us. We miss you.
Sharon, Kevin, James Luke, Zach and Nicky

Tom Donahue said...

I was the golf pro at the Diplomat Resort in Hollywood, Florida. I had the pleasure of working with Normal on many occasions toward putting together a great golf tournament for her union workers. On 9.11.01, Normal left me a voice message stating she was boarding a plane for Los Angeles and would call me when she got there. Obviously, I never got that call. I was very saddened to hear Norma was on that flight. I will never forget her. God bless.