Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jessica Sachs 9/11/01





I have the honor of paying tribute to Jessica Sachs. Jessica was 23 years old on 9/11/01 and was a passenger on American Airlines Flight 11. She worked at Price Waterhouse Coopers after graduating from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Her goal since her sophomore year had been to land a job at one of the top five accounting houses in the United States. She ended up having her choice, said her father, Stephen."A lot of people today live their lives with a lot of gray area, but for her, it was very black and white," he said. "She was a very determined, very strong young lady." She also was a devout Christian that started her own bible study and never missed Sunday service. "It was just one happy moment after another," her father said. "She wore Jesus on her sleeve, and there was nothing phony about that young lady."


Here are some messages and memories that have been left for Jessica and for her family on Legacy.com..... I'm sorry you lost her.


To the Sachs family....I wrote in here a few years ago.... I said I would not forget Jessica. I have not. I though of her the other night when the news broke about the murderer finally being dealt some measure of justice.I know it does not bring her back.... I hope it brings some measure comfort.... To know he is not around to torment or taunt. I pray you have found peace.....
Matt Murphy,
Rochester, Minnesota


May 03, 2011
May you finally rest in peace Jessica :(
Jennifer Lawrence,
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
May 03, 2011
In Memory of Jessica , once our neighbor here in East Billerica. With the death of the man whose hand ended your life as well as many thousands, brings to us the memory of your life, taken, stolen, from your parents. Our neighborhood grieved for you then and remember you now. You are not forgotten. The neighborhood wont let this happen. Rest Softly now, sweet girl. Justice is now finally done.
joanne bevis,
e. billerica, Massachusetts


September 14, 2010
I met Jessica at PwC in Boston. I had a few conversations with her but I'll always remember her unwavering faith in Jesus. She spoke passionately about her relationship with Him, which I know comforted her on Sept 11, 2001. Jessica, thank you for being a shining inspiration for others about truly living a life given to Christ. Ephesians 3: 5-6
Jeff,
Massachusetts


You will never be forgotten. I will see you one day again in heaven. I had the pleasure of working with Jessica at UMASS with Intervarsity Christian Fellowship. She was a woman of integretity and faith.
wendy ingles,
oakland, Maine


Stephen and Karen I hope you are well. I have been thinking of you a lot lately...five years later. Still hard to believe...
Linda Gosselin,
Goffstown, New Hampshire


Mr.& Mrs. Sachs, I met Jessica as a student at UMass and recently wrote some of my memories I had of Jessica, along with several other entries from MERCY house church. My deepest sympathies to your family today. I am having a hard time focusing at work today. I have been escaping the restroom to cry. I can't imagine the anguish you must feel, my heart truly goes out to you. I pray that you rest in the comfort of the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that Jessica is living in a mansion that He has prepared for her in Heaven. This is God's promise, and I place my full faith in it! I am confident that God is using Jessica's testimony to touch individual lives for His glory.
Jill Browning,
Seattle, Washington

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Bryana Brower, Jessica Sachs was my aunt and her lose forever affected my family. I was only 9 when she died but I think about her everyday! Although I never got the chance to really get to know her I know she loved me and I love and miss her very much!

Kell said...

Thank you Bryana. I'm very sorry you and your family lost her on that horrible day. Please know that she isn't forgotten.