Wednesday, May 25, 2011

William Caswell 9/11/01





I have the honor of paying tribute to William Caswell. He was 54 years old on 9/11/01. He was a passenger on American Airlines Flight 77. From what I have read of him, he was a really smart guy. Crazy smart. He was a physicist that graduated from the University of Maryland at College Park and received his doctorate in elementary particle theory from Princeton University. He did postdoctoral research at Stanford and Brown universities and taught physics at the University of Maryland before beginning work for the Navy almost 20 years ago. He was said to have been very competitive, kind was loved, "He loved everything about life. He played pool and bridge and racquetball, and tennis with his daughter Jennifer. He liked folk dancing, too. That's how we met," his wife Jean Caswell.


Here are some of the messages from Legacy.com that friends and loved ones have left for Bill. He was loved and is missed...


It was my privilege to work with Bill for a number of years. Thoughtful, smart, and gentle are words that come to mind as I think of him.Today our guys got UBL for Bill and the others. God Bless you. Bill Caswell, and may God Bless your family. Mike


The Caswells have always been a patriotic and intelligent group, my condolences, Dana J. Caswell Albany NY


Gingi, it's so hard to believe five years have passed. I wanted to pay my respects to your brother today. My thoughts are with you and your family. Rise Shifra Shamansky, Kew Gardens, New York


Jennifer, you don't know me, but I am also a senior at your school in Silver Spring.Let me just say that I offer my deepest and sincerest condolences. I can only imagine what you and your entire family have been going through, but I do feel hurt and pain over this senseless attack and loss of innocent lives. Know that you, your father, and your family have been in my prayers. And also know that if you ever need someone for whatever, please let me know what I can do to help.Much love.God bless. Omar Guerrero, Silver Spring, Maryland

No comments: