Thursday, May 05, 2011

Donald Americo DiTullio 9/11/01





I have the honor of paying tribute to to Donald DiTullio. Don was 49 years old on 9/11/01. He was a passenger on American Airlines Flight 11. He was a Harley fan and friend Sue Farnsworth said "I see you riding free and forever, wind blowing in your face, leaning into long smooth turns, spitting out the occasional bug." Don loved his girlfriend, Janis Lasden, country and western line dancing, Harley-Davidsons, his children, Jessica and James, and the rest of his tight-knit family. Sadly, Janis was on the flight with him, they were traveling to California for a vacation. Here are some very touching tributes that have been left for Don from family and friends, I'm so sorry that you lost him, he was obviously well loved:


We knew Don from Line dancing at the Salem Moose lodge in MA. He was an outstanding Line Dancer and brought joy to those who watched him dance. Line Dancing isn't the same without him. He is greatly missed by many. I am sure that Don would like others to enjoy life as much as he did. He always wore a smile....and a cowboy hat.. He'll never be forgotten. He is thought of often, and our hearts are with his family!Sherry & Sue
Posted by Sherry & Susan Welch on 2004-05-10


May 04, 2011
At last justice has been served. It's been a long time coming. We feel a sense of relief but that doesn't bring you and Janis back. Think of you all the time. Keep sending those message; they are well received and honored. Mom is well and misses you daily. All my love Janice


May 02, 2011
Dear Uncle Donnie,We finally heard the words we've been waiting for. Osama Bin Laden is officially dead. It was announced on Sunday night, May 1, 2011. President Obama spoke about the mission and how diligent they were to find Osama. One quote that stuck out from his speech was: Disrupt, Dismantle, Defeat. That's exactly what our military (Navy SEALs) carried out. Osama hid for 9 years, 7 months and 20 days but he finally met his fate and the USA found its justice. On another note, I received the signs you sent me. Your first sign was Friday night through a scratch ticket. The winning numbers on the ticket were 9 and 11. What were the chances of me getting that when a bunch of tickets were handed out before I received the one I was given. The second sign was Saturday night. I was driving w/the kids and looked up at the sky and there was a shooting star going over us. I hope you still give me and others your signs. We love getting them because it shows that you're still with us even though we can't see you. We all love and miss you. I hope you and Janis are dancing the nights away. Love always,Colleen


Hi Don: Watching the memorial service from NY. Seems like yesterday. Watched home movies of when we were kids and missing you more and more. You are always with us. Love and miss you. Janice


Hi Uncle Donnie - Wanted you to know that you continue to be missed. You would be proud of Nana - how strong she has been even though her heart hurts and she misses you so much. As Colleen said, keep sending the signs...All our love,Ellen, Kevin, Connor, Collin & Colton "Donald"
Ellen Lemire,
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts


Hi Don: Thinking of you as the 8th anniversary is approaching. Not going to be a good day. Another birthday has gone by- don't like the numbers. Visiting with Jan and George and remembering you and Janis paddling off in the paddle boat to visit your friends. I think of you all the time. Love & Miss you much Mom


Hi Don: Happy Birthday! M&M's not disappearing as fast as they used to. I keep the dish filled anyway. Guess what - - I got sick-- imagine that!I had pneumonia, but I'm fine now. Want another guess? Joanna and Janice are suddenly becoming "parents". Stay close, I may need some help. Thinking of you on your birthday. Love and miss you. Mom


Hi Donnie,I miss the country western dancing with you and Joanna at the KOC.Love,Cousin Donna Happy New Year!from Donna, Rob, Dave & Paula
Donna DiTullio,
Lynn, Massachusetts

No comments: