Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Christine Barbuto 9/11/01



I have the honor of paying tribute to Christine Barbuto. Christine was 32 years old on 9/11/01. Born in Peabody, she graduated from Peabody Veterans Memorial High School and received a merchandising degree from the University of Rhode Island.Miss Barbuto was en route to Los Angeles on a buying trip for TJX, the parent company of TJ MAXX and Marshall's stores. She leaves her father, John Barbuto of Peabody; and two sisters, Dianne Walsh of North Reading and Jeannine Daly of Burlington.

Christine loved her life and had many friends, from what I have read of her she liked to play practical jokes and loved to laugh. Her friends and family started a website, www.christinebarbuto.com and clearly it's updated regularly. The messages left to her are incredible. You know that she was an amazing person because of the memorials left to her by her friends. Here are some of my favorites:

November 05, 2010
Im a bad friend...Happy Belated Birthday, I always think of you when we turn the clocks back..You always said, "Oh an extra hour of partying" now I see it as an extra hour of sleep! I love ya, still the best friend I have ever had. Thanks for putting certain people in my life that remind me of you, always reminders but no one comes close to you. I know that everyone who loves you feels the same way as I do, you left us a mark and laid an amazing foundation of a true friend. If I never meet someone who was as good to me as you were, I will still be happy about the time I spent with you and the friendship we shared. You are forever in my broken heart.Y/F/R Jenny

From: Jen Date: 03/08/2005 Message: I miss her so much but my memories of our times together keep me laughing. I have never had a friend like her.

September 14, 2010
Christine- still singing 'ain't nobody', singing into my brush and thinking of you! love Hillari

September 10, 2010
It is hard to believe it has been 10 years since you left us.You are thought of and missed by many. Thinking of you. We will never forget!
Chris O'Neil,
Lansdale, Pennsylvania

October 28, 2009
Happy Birthday Christine! I hope you and Soupy Sales have met up and are sharing pie-in-the-face stories. You are always in our thoughts. God Bless.Bill
Bill Culton,
Barrington, Rhode Island

September 11, 2009
Christine, I think of you everyday and wish you were here...You would be happy to know Jenn and I connected on facebook where we share some laughs and stories about you...boy, would you have fun with that haha! Miss you but keep you in my heart,always!
Michelle Richmond,
Mashpee, Massachusetts

Somewhere she is playing a practical joke on someone, or laughing so out loud at something ridiculous, or grinning from ear to ear about something she just saw or telling a story a hundred miles a minute because she wants so badly to let everone in on the fun she is having. Its been 18 years since I saw her last but I will always remember her for all my life.
Tim Carey,
Somerville, Massachusetts

No comments: