Saturday, September 04, 2010

Jennifer Tzemis 9/11/01


I have the honor of paying tribute to Jennifer Tzemis. I love this quote from Legacy.com:

A cousin compared Jennifer Lynn Tzemis to lightning, the kind that shatters the darkness before it disappears. She was bright, quick, electrifying with her energy. She had a good job — as a vice president at Fred Alger Management on the 93rd floor of 1 World Trade Center. She was in love. And she was 26.


This quote is the only one I am going to post as it says it all:

September 10, 2008
So, the other day I was on my way to a business meeting in Manhattan, which I do about once a month, and realized I was early. Whenever I'm in Manhattan, my routine is to take the LIRR to Penn Station, jump directly onto the E-train, and get to my meeting door to door. But as it was early, and a nice day, I took a stroll and decided to take a randomn cab. Surprisingly, one was available. I got into the taxi and told the driver my destination. After a minute, he looked at me through the rear-view mirror, and said "I know you." "No, I don't think so" was my reply. He pauses, nods for a second, and repeats a second time, "no, I know you, you are my friend." Now, anyone who has lived or worked in NY immediately thinks what I thought...what kind of scam is this guy up to? "No," I replied again, "I really don't see how." "Are you Greek?" is his answer. "Yes, I am half Greek", and I smile with the understanding that he must have a Greek friend who looks like me, and she is whom he is thinking of. "Is your name Jennifer?" is his third question. Now, of course, I am in a bit of shock, and I tell him I had a sister named Jennifer, but she passed away. "Did she go to Cornell?" After a moment, he introduces himself as a person who was married for several years to Amy, one of Jennifer's best friends at Cornell. He went on to tell me that while he had met Jennifer only once, he was so impressed with her friendliness and genuine nature, that he never forgot her, and for that moment I stepped into his taxi, he had forgotten she passed away and thought I was she.Many people would say this is just a coincidence, and maybe it is. But when you think about it, about what the probability would be for me to be at the exact perfect spot at the exact perfect moment, in a city of almost 10 million people, when I'm only there briefly once a month, I wonder if there is actually a greater chance of a spirit living on than for this to be a randomn coincidence. To me, this was a great gift from our beautiful sister. Immediately, my heart opened with such happiness and joy, and I realized she was saying "Hi, everything's great." And, while that may sound a little crazy, isn't just a little craziness a big part of faith? Either way you look at it, it is a story worth sharing with you.

Jen, all our love always. Sister Sophie
~
sophia tzemis,
smithtown, New York


No comments: