Saturday, September 04, 2010

Elvin Santiago Romero 9/11/01


I have the honor of paying tribute to Elvin Santiago Romero. Elvin was the Vice President of International Equities, Cantor Fitzgerald and was in the WTC on September 11, 2001. Elvin is survived by his wife Diane and his two children Gabriella and Alexander.
Some quotes I found about him:
Elvin was a cousin of mines and he is greatly missed. He was always smiling and was the life of the party when our family got together. I last saw Elvin at his parents home for a family function the Sunday before 9/11. We had a nice talk and he was telling me about his new corvette he just bought and invited me and my siblings over for dinner and a ride in his dream car the following Saturday..he was so excited and he even had a picture of the car in his wallet! I'm very grateful that I was able to see him one last time before 9/11. I just walked past ground zero yesterday and thought about how great a person he was and how much me and my family miss him. He died way too young and was killed by people who have no respect for life or themselves. Its been 7 years since his death, but it still hurts as much today as it did then..I will always remember Elvin and I appreciate the short but always fun times we spent together. Everytime I see a small model car I always think about him, he collected them and I still have one he gave me years back. RIP Elvin..ill see you when I get there sonny boy! Your cuz, David
Elvin,
I will never forget the wonderful times we had together. I miss you more than ever.
Sonia, friend
Elvee was a very polite, smart and friendly young man that I grew up with in Brooklyn. We used to play stickball and whiffle ball in the street, and he was always a lot of fun. His family was also wonderful. The world will sorely miss having such a fine person in it.
Tracy Start, old friend


No comments: