Sunday, September 05, 2010

Ernest M. Willcher 9/11/01


I have the honor of paying tribute to Ernest Willcher. He was killed at the Pentagon on September 11th. Left behond are his wife Shirley and two sons, Ben and Joel. I'm so sorry that you lost him. Some messages about him that I found:

Ernie worked for me in the Office of the Army General Counsel for about 15 years. He was a recognized expert in the field of civilian personnel law, and I, as well as the entire Office of the Secretary of the Army, relied upon him heavily. He was remarkably skilled, thorough, reliable, and unflappable no matter what the situation.

Even more noteworthy than his outstanding dedication and professional skills, however, were his qualities as a human being. He was a man of the highest personal integrity, thoroughly dedicated to his family, and warm and caring toward all. We miss him greatly. Posted by Darrell Peck on 2008-09-11

A special and caring person. Ernie made a solid and wonderful impression on me as I only met him for a class the first month we both joined Booz Allen in 2001. Ernie always smiled, was proud to have faithfully served his country for so long, and excited about a new career in Booz Allen. He always smiled. Only a few people will ever make an impression on others that endures after only a few days together. Ernie was one of them.
"Ernie represented the best of human nature," said Lloyd Howell, a Booz Allen vice president. "Ernie's intellect and his inquisitive mind were impressive. His ready smile drew us in."

At the time of their deaths Ernie was meeting with Army Lt. Gen. Timothy J. Maude to discuss a Web-based survivors benefits tool they were working on. At Thursday's service, Reginald Brown, Assistant Secretary of the Army for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, said the Army just decided to implement the project. "This is eloquent testimony to the contributions these men have made," Brown said. "The work these men have done is visible across the Army.... They leave behind significant accomplishments."
September 11, 2007
Ernest is still remembered at Booz Allen. God bless your family.
Marjorie, Pennsylvania September 11, 2007
As a fellow Boozer of Booz Allen Hamilton, I light a candle for you today.
April Ramirez, Reston, Virginia Contact Me August 31, 2007
In remembrance....
P Tabbernor, Victoria, British Columbia May 24, 2006
I've only just found this guest book. I remember Ernie well through my dad, Stan Nissel. I hope your memories have given you comfort over the years. My thoughts are with you.
Susan Nissel Clamp, Norwich, England Contact Me September 17, 2003
Over two years later, we all still feel the effects of what happened to us. My heart goes out to you Joel, I have not forgotten about you or your family. I can only pray your pain has lessened, and that you embrace the memory of the past.
Catherine Manners, North Potomac, Maryland

1 comment:

Cathy said...

A man of integrity--- thank you for rembering Ernie.