Sunday, September 05, 2010

Sandra White 9/11/01


I have the honor of paying tribute to Sandra White. She was killed in the Pentagon on September 11th. She was a Civilian employee in the U.S. Army. Left behind are her husband Oscar and two sons, Oscar III and Jonathan. Her husband said he was drawn to "her sincerity, kindness, honesty. I had the feeling that I met someone as committed to family and values as I was, and I made up my mind that night I was going to marry her."
Sandra White, 44, was a civilian in the Army budget office, but her husband, a retired Army colonel, said she displayed the fortitude of a soldier. She supported him not only in his daily deeds, he said, but also in much larger ways, such as when she stayed home with their young sons in Virginia while he trained at Fort Hood, Tex., for two years. "I could not have had a better partner in my wife," he said. "God truly blessed us with 18 years."


September 07, 2004
Sandra was a beautiful person. She was a childhood friend who I had lost contact with for over 25 years, until running into her in the hallway of the Pentagon about a year before 9/11. As a child growing up in Hampton, VA, she was the type of person you would want your daughter to be; always the picture of grace and class. During our brief encounter at the Pentagon, we played catch up. I found myself amazed at how this little girl had matured into a beautiful woman, wife and mother. As we near the 3rd anniversary of this tragedy, I pray that God will continue to bless her family and her soul.
November 12, 2004
Sandra - I think about you often and recall our pleasant association in the days when we worked together at HECSA - Military Accounting in Alexandria. May God Bless you and keep you always - I will always consider myself very fortunate to have known you.
Richard Waters, Bangkok
Larry Turner, Stafford, Virginia

3 comments:

Cathy said...

So many families were destroyed that day. Thank you for remembering Sandra.

Unknown said...

Mrs. White, this is Marion Santiful. Sandra was my friend on Settlers Landing Rd since Jr. High at Thorpe. May God give you peace. A young lady with a BEAUTIFUL soul even back then!!!

Kell said...

Thank you for remembering her.