Sunday, September 05, 2010

Jane Folger 9/11/01



I have the honor of paying triute to Jane Folger. She was killed on Flight 93 on September 11th. She was 73 years old, from Bayonne, N.J., was a retired bank employee. She was heading to San Francisco. Her sister in-law Pat was also on Flight 93.

Messages from friends and loved ones:
September 11, 2004
Dear Bobby:
Our deepest sympathies go out to you and the Folger family on this day of remembrance. How saddened we were when we heard the news about your mother. Our thoughts and prayers are with you today.
Peter & Patty Mathews, Oceanside, California

June 10, 2004
The saddest day was hearing of us loosing you. May you be in heaven with Jack your son and my friend. My heart goes out to all of Jane's children.
Jim Meehan, Salisbury Mills, New York

February 03, 2002
As I watched the events of September 11th unfold from my Manhattan apartment, little did I know that Jane and her sister-in-law Pat were on Flight 93. I had already received word of the loss of my best friend's brother at 1WTC earlier that day, when the call came in from my aunt telling me that Jane and Pat had perished in the crash. I was so deeply saddened and shocked to hear the news.
I knew Jane from the time I was a young girl growing up in Bayonne. She was a dear friend of my Aunt Grace and I would often see her at family functions. I will never forget her inner strength and tremendous faith and courage, and most importantly the support she gave my family in our time of sorrow. But what I will remember most is her shining smile and sincere warmth. I know she is still smiling down on all of us. She was truly an inspiration in life and we will remember her always with fondness and love.
God bless Jane and give her beloved family strength and courage during these difficult days.
Karen Longa Dobies, New York, New York

Jane has two wonderful grandchildren here in our town - her son and daughter-in-law have a wonderful family and this must be a result of an upbringing of love and respect - may God be with the entire Folger family.

Posted by north brunswick soccer mom on 2009-09-12
I did not know Jane personally, but only knew her through her son, Neil, who was one of my dearest friends in college. Neil spoke often and highly of his mother. I can only say that, if our children are a reflection of the work we put into their upbringing, then Neil was Jane's most magnificent reflection. He was my hero when my mom died. He was always there for me, a shoulder to cry on, a friend to laugh with. When he died, at such a young age, I felt that a ray of sunshine had been taken away from my life. Maybe God meant for Jane to be together again with her beloved son. I hope they found each other in heaven. May they both rest in peace.
Posted by Laurie on 2007-09-11

1 comment:

Cathy said...

and no doubt she was offering comfort to her sister in law.

Thank you for remembering Jane.