Saturday, September 04, 2010

Sean Hanley 9/11/01



I have the honor of paying tribute to Sean Hanley. Sean was with Ladder Company 20 firehouse on Setember 11, 2001. A quote from Legacy.com:


SEAN HANLEY, 35, of New York, had second thoughts about being a firefighter a few years ago when three friends died in the line of duty. But Hanley, whose two grandfathers, father and a brother were firefighters, decided the job was in his blood. He had just finished his night shift when he heard the World Trade Center was ablaze, and he rushed to the scene. "He was a soft-hearted guy who would cry at the drop of a hat, yet he would go and fight for whoever needed it," said his father, Gerald. "He was All-American, just like all the boys who went down."

Sean,
thinking of you today,Always remembered and never forgotten.
Your brother.Frank NastroLadder-170FDNY
Dear Uncle Sean,
I love you so much and think about you every single day. You are my hero. You will always be in my heart and in my thoughts.Love,Jessica Hanley
Jessica Hanley,
Brookfield, Connecticut
WE MISS YOU SEAN. WE PRAYED FOR YOU AND YOUR PARENTS THIS MORNING. UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN. WE LOVE YOU, AUNT MARIE & UNCLE EDDIE
MARIE DEGON,
WARRINGTON, Pennsylvania

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uncle seany i miss you more and more as the years pass i could never think 10 years would go by so fast without you we could never forget what a great uncle brother and friend you were to everyone and a hero to the world love your nephew Jerry, Brookyln,nyc

Jerry Hanley said...

Uncle Sean 20 years you’ve been missed but you have not been gone you have been with me through every-single moment in my life I thank you for your presence in my heart and soul for being there for us we love you down here I know you are up there watching over us Love you always Sean Hanley -Jerry Hanely