Saturday, September 04, 2010

Edward Hennessy 9/11/01


I have the honor of paying tribute to Edward Hennessy. Edward, or Ted, was aboard flight 11 on September 11th, 2001. Mr. Hennessy leaves his wife of 10 years, Melanie Salisbury; a daughter, Rachel; a son, Matthew; his parents, Edward R. Sr. and Geraldine Lavoie Hennessy, all of Belmont; and two sisters, Susan Kelleher of Belmont and Kathleen Bird of Hingham. It's obvious from the many, many messages left that Ted made friends easily and where ever he went. I am very sorry that you have to be without him. Here are some comments from Legacy.com:
Melanie, I'm so sorry. Stumbled across this tribute and realized this was about your husband. I wish you hope.
~
Peony
September 24, 2002
On 9/11/02 my best friend gave me a flag and a person to pray for over the next year. (Her church handed out flags and a card with a victim's name) I received Mr. Hennessy. Though I have never met him personally, he has become part of our family - we pray for him daily and we think of him often. We found a picture of him and we have it hanging up on our refrigerator. I just wanted to send my regards to his family and let them know that they is in our thoughts and prayers every day.
~
Renee Vanlangendonck,
LeCompte, Louisiana
Ted, or Teddy as I have always called him, showed up at my door when we were eight years old. New to the neighborhood, he asked if my brother and I wanted to play. Play we did. I shared a wonderful childhood with Teddy, filming funny movies, sledding in nearby woods, builing a great tree house and doing so many other fun things. I was lucky to know Teddy in our later years also as Teddy introduced me to his best friend at college, Ron Corcillo, who became my boyfriend for four years. Together, and with Melanie, we had many good times. He was such a wonderful, funny and sweet guy. No wonder he has so many friends from yesterday and today that cherish knowing him - as do I. My love to Melanie and his family - and to all Teddy's friends who are feeling the world is a sadder place without him.
~
Terri Brown Preuss,
Cleveland , Ohio
To the family of Ted-My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. I knew Ted from Harvard- I was a lowly freshman, when he was a junior. We both were involved with the Hasty Pudding - and in this time of saddness - memories of Ted's antics in the band, and incredible sense of humor- allow me to smile. I was also fortunate to live in Leverett House with Ted my sophmore year. He took it upon himself to look out for me- and again, I am grateful for having had the honor and pleasure of knowing him.
~
Patty Keane,
Boston, Massachusetts

No comments: